Roll down





2014 – 2015

The hotel is undergoing dynamic changes, more precisely investments are injected into sales department and Restaurant "1900" is completely renovated. SPA department and the bathrooms in the rooms are also reconstructed


Hotel Excelsior becomes part of the hotel chain GALA HOTELS


CIMEX GROUP sells hotel Excelsior to MARGO GALA


Based on franchise agreement, Hotel Excelsior became part of the hotel chain OREA HOTELS


Complete interior renovation took place


Complete exterior renovation respecting the original classicist style of the building was carried out


Excelsior was privatized and owned by Excelsior, plc, which refurbished it thanks to expensive investment with the significant contribution of CIMEX GROUP and put it back into operation in April 1993


The Hotel Excelsior was founded around 1971 by combining two adjacent houses and historic buildings Schloss Miramare and Hotel Rauscher, which were like most buildings in the spa quarters built at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries as guest houses, hotels or inns

1948 – 1962

The house becomes the property of the home unions and is renamed Garibaldi. The second part of the house is bought by the Rauschers (a married couple) for the purpose of operating a catering business


The house loses its character as an accommodation facility, becomes a rental house and bears the name of Miramare


Sir Winston Spencer Churchill made a brief visit to Mariánské Lázně

1897 – 1909

Premises of Churchill restaurant did not always serve to the hospitality industry, but without any doubt there was a relation to the UK or rather to the British Crown. At the turn of the century Mr. Pistl was the owner of one of the two millinery shops, which used to be situated on these premises, and it was his daughter, Miss Mizzi, who was probably the cause of regular visits by Edward VII, the ruler of the British Empire.

1875 – 1910

Important and famous people such as Egyptian Hassan Pasha (1875), the Saxon Crown Prince Bernard (1878) or the Russian writer L.N. Tolstoy, (1910) spent nights in the Hotel Excelsior